Write your life. Tell some stories you don’t want to forget. Capture memories, funny moments, people and places that were important to you. That work is worth doing. The end product could be a legacy publication, something you can leave behind–a 10, 20, 30, 50, 100 page book. Maybe more. You want to do this, but you’re not sure how to proceed.
This site provides you with help: with structured invitations to write and examples of legacy and memoir writing to help you get your bearings and get going.
Come in and look around. Maybe you have a friend or a group of friends also interested in legacy and memoir writing. You can work together. There’s no cost, no timeline, no obligation. Work at your own pace. You are entirely in control of the writing if you decide to do it.
When you’re ready to move to the next stage–editing, cleaning up, and publication–I can help with that. I am an experienced writer, teacher, and editor. At that point, if you wish to employ me as an editor, I will work for you. If, on the other hand, you choose to work with a different editor to finish up the project, that will be your choice. You will not be obligated in any way to use my services as an editor.
I suggest that you:
- Click on the “how we will work” link above
- Tell me about yourself if you like, ask me questions in email exchanges
- Try out the first topic and do a little writing
- Show me a little of that writing if you like, ask questions about your work
- Sign into the discussion board to post your writing and share it with other readers and writers